Thursday, April 16th Mini Murph WOD info!
Hey guys! If you missed the what is the MURPH WOD info from last week you can go back to the Blog post from Saturday April 11th to learn about it.
Today we are doing a Half Murph for training. A few points of information:
- 800 Meters is equal to about 2624 feet or a half mile. You can measure out this distance in your car- drive a quarter mile and then come back. That will be your out n back run.
- See the video on Pull-Up subs if you don’t have any possible way to do them! Branches work great and this is a WOD you can do anywhere.
- You can always scale the run to a fast walk- a row with your skateboard and straps- or a jog.
- You can scale the push-ups down by doing them on your knees or against a wall. You can scale them up by doing deficit push-ups- with your hands on something elevated and going lower than normal or with your feet on something so you are elevated. OUCH!
- You can scale down the Squats by doing them to a box so you are not going all the way down- or you scale up and add weights to your hands or your back to make them harder so that you are training for a full Murph or for using a weighted vest.
- If you have a weighted vest or any body armor you can wear that for this WOD in order to train for the full Murph!
- Pace yourself today and don’t make this about time. Have fun!